The Pros:Decent power output - 100 W continuous power. Huge 10" bass driver. Dual ports reduce vent noise.
The Cons:Cheap audio amplifier that is prone to failure.
The Athena AS-P4100 is a sub-woofer with a 10" downward facing driver powered by a 100 W amplifier with a peak power rating of 400 W. It has dual vented ports: one facing downward, and the other facing outward.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a variable low-pass cut-off point set between 40 - 120 Hz and the sub-woofer itself has a reported frequency response of 23 - 120 Hz (+/- 3 dB). There is a auto-on/auto-off convenience feature that powers the sub-woofer automatically in the presence (or lack of presence) of an audio signal.
Features / Specifications
- Down-firing subwoofer with built-in 100-watt amplifier
- 10" down-firing bass woofer with injection molded cone, rubber surround, 1.5" voice coil, and 28-ounce magnet
- ports: dual, front and bottom
- variable low pass filter
- SCT selection for easy integration with Athena speakers
- power: 100-watt continuous, 400-watt peak
- frequency response: 23 Hz to 120 Hz +/- 3 dB
- dimensions: 17.5" high, 11.5" wide, 18" deep
- weight: 28 lbs.
Integration with a surround system
The SCT selection system on this sub-woofer is a proprietary technology made by Athena that allows you to match your sub-woofer to your front speakers used in your surround-system. Match the variable low-pass crossover point to your Athena fronts model number.
User Reviews (6)
Decent power output - 100 W continuous power
Dual ports reduce vent noise
Downward facing driver - more flexible room placement, higher efficiency, less susceptible to damage
Cheap audio amplifier that is prone to failure
You may also like...