Released January, 2006
The Pros:Bass range plays true to the sounds that were recorded, instruments and voices come through well without "booming". Perfect for small to medium spaces, fill them with sound without effort. All audio plays without distortion, even at higher volumes.
The Cons:Can't create loud, chest-shaking bass. Not quite enough power for larger spaces. Speakers sit horizontally, taking up more room than other speakers.
The Bose 201 speakers are Direct/Reflecting desktop speakers. The design is trim with the 201 being the smallest in the series. Yet they manage to deliver 120 watts per channel. As part of a surround sound system, Bose intended the 201's to serve as background speakers in a home theater system or as stand alone home stero speakers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A general consensus among some reviewers is that while you get some bang for your buck, the cost to benefit ratio might not justify the price.
- Each 201 speaker includes a long excursion 6-1/2 woofer and a highly sensitive 2 Stereo Targeting tweeter
- Proprietary Stereo Everywhere technology combines direct and reflected sound to deluge the room with beautiful sound
- Unique port geometry for clean bass
- Compact size and horizontal for flexible placement options
- Finish: Black or Light Cherry
- Speaker type: Bookshelf
- Optional accessories: FS-01 bookshelf speaker floor stands, WB-3 bookshelf speaker wall bracket
- Dimensions: Each speaker 8"H x 13.75"W x 8.63"D ( 20 cm x 35 cm x 22 cm )
- Weight 11 lbs (5 kg)
User Reviews (1)
bass range plays true to the sounds that were recorded, instruments and voices come through well without "booming"
perfect for small to medium spaces, fill them with sound without effort
all audio plays without distortion, even at higher volumes
can't create loud, chest-shaking bass
not quite enough power for larger spaces
speakers sit horizontally, taking up more room than other speakers
no post-style connectors, just the hole-and-lever type
You may also like...