Released January, 2006
The Pros:Attractive design, nice smooth curves and sleek angles. Fairly easy to set up, everything is obvious with no instructions needed. Fairly compact, low profile design that isn't too obtrusive.
The Cons:No wall mounting options for the center channel. Not capable of very loud output, not right for large rooms. Center speaker offers less range and "presence" than other speakers at this price range.
The Bose VCS-30 is a center channel and rear speakers for component home theater system setup. It has 3 components, the VCS-10 for the center and 2 161 speakers for the left and right. The VCS-10's broad but low-height is designed to fit seamlessly atop your TV or entertainment center.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Bose claims that its patented Compound Loaded drivers and ported enclosure deliver rich, resonant dialogue, while its Articulated Array cabinet design "locks" dialog to your screen with a large, even sound field. The 161's can be placed on a desktop or shelf. They also come with wall mounting brackets.
- Center channel and rear speakers for component home theater system setup
- Includes VCS-10® center speaker and 161™ surround speakers
- Designed for use with your surround sound receiver
- Two full-range drivers (2.5") positioned in an Articulated Array® speaker design
- Flared port design lets you hear smoother, cleaner low frequency effects, especially at high volumes.
- Magnetically shielded speakers for speaker placement in close proximity to your TV without interfering with the picture quality.
- Automatic protection circuitry prevents drivers from being overdriven and provides increased reliability while minimizing interference with the listening experience.
- Syncom® computer tested
- Item width: Center speaker: 21.5 inches; surround speakers: 10.93 inches (each)
- Item height: Center speaker: 3.25 inches; surround speakers: 4.17 inches (each)
- Item depth: Center speaker: 6 inches; surround speakers: 4.98 inches (each)
- Item weight: Center speaker: 5.95 pounds; surround speakers: 3.28 pounds (each)
- Shipping weight: 16 pounds
User Reviews (1)
attractive design, nice smooth curves and sleek angles
fairly easy to set up, everything is obvious with no instructions needed
fairly compact, low profile design that isn't too obtrusive
audio output from the set is rich and full, ideal for movie watching
no wall mounting options for the center channel
not capable of very loud output, not right for large rooms
center speaker offers less range and "presence" than other speakers at this price range
You may also like...