Boston Acoustics MCS 100 Satellite
Released August, 2007
The Boston Acoustics MCS 100 Satellite is a satellite bookshelf speaker that sports a 3” treated fiber midrange and one ¾” Kortec soft dome tweeter. Designed to complement the MCS 130 LCR center and MCS 130 surround speakers, the MCS 100 Satellite is essentially a downgrade from the larger, more powerful HS 40/50/60 speakers from the Horizon HS series.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Nevertheless, the MCS 100 still maintains many of its competitor’s features such as a Deep Channel Design for greater bass per less amp power, a Reduced Baffle Diffraction Design for wider/smoother dispersion, and MagnaGuard video shielding. The MCS 100, however, also includes a vented enclosure for deeper bass output, not to mention a omni-directional mounting bracket, built-in wall mount brackets, and a unique wedge shape for simpler/easier mounting/positioning of the speaker. The Boston Acoustics MCS 100 Satellite is priced at $89.99 and includes an optional color-coded P.O.P. grille for $8.99 extra. Despite its smaller driver and tweeter, the MCS 100 Satellite still stands out as a prime optional because it delivers “exceptionally articulate on-screen dialog, music effects, and room-filling bass from a small, sleek, and compact package.”
- Midrange: 3” treated fiber with Phase plugs and MagnaGuard
- Tweeter: ¾” Kortec Soft Dome
- Recommended Amplifier: 10-100 Watts
- Frequency Response: 120Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 3,000Hz
- Weight: 2.5lbs
- Dimensions(H x W x D): 7-3/8 x 4-3/8 x 4-11/16”
- Finish: Mist or Midnight
- Custom P.O.P. Grille (optional): Glaciar, Chocolat, Rose Bud, Chilli Pepper, Onyx, Silver, Caramel, Pearl Gray
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...