Boston Acoustics MCS 130 Surround
Released August, 2007
The Boston Acoustics MCS 130 Surround is a surround bookshelf speaker that sports a 3.5” CoPolymer DCD subwoofers and one 1” Kortec soft dome tweeter. Designed to complement the MCS 130 LCR center and MCS 100 Satellite, the MCS 100 LCS can either be utilized alone or in a 5.1 channel theater system.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
In addition, the MCS 100 and its peers are a downgrade from the larger, more powerful HS 40/50/60 speakers from the Horizon HS series. Nevertheless, the MCS 130, along with the 130 LCR and 100 Satellite, maintains several features with the HS models such as a Deep Channel Design for greater bass per less amp power, a Reduced Baffle Diffraction Design for wider/smoother sound dispersion, and MagnaGuard video Shielding. In addition, the MCS 130 offers adjustable footing and built-in wall mount brackets to help simplify the process of correctly positioning/mounting the speaker, not to mention a stylish soft-finish design with an optional color-coded P.O.P. grille for only $9.99 extra. The Boston Acoustics MCS 130 Surround is priced at $99.99 and is practically equivalent to the HS 40 except that it has a smaller subwoofer (3.5” versus 4.5”) and a higher crossover frequency (2700Hz versus 2400Hz).
- Midrange: 3.5” CoPoylmer DCD with Phase plugs and MagnaGuard
- Tweeter: 1” Kortec Soft Dome
- Recommended Amplifier: 10-150 Watts
- Frequency Response: 120Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2,700Hz
- Weight: 3lbs
- Dimensions(H x W x D): 8-7/16 x 5-1/2 x 4.0”
- Finish: Mist or Midnight
- Custom P.O.P. Grille (optional): Glaciar, Chocolat, Rose Bud, Chilli Pepper, Onyx, Silver, Caramel, Pearl Gray
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...