Boston Acoustics RS 260
Released September, 2010
The Pros:Dual 5-way binding posts permit bi-amping and bi-wiring.
The Boston Acoustics RS 260 is a bookshelf speaker made with a stylish scratch resistant black lacquer finish and magnetic grille covers which filter out interference for an improved soundstage. This speaker features 6 1/2" woofers and is a more powerful version of the RS 230 which has 3 1/2" woofers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It can be used as side or front channels(along with the RS 244C center channel) in a multichannel home theater setup, or as a pair of normal stereo speakers. Just like the RS 230 it features the same blend of Boston Acoustics' technologies such as FCCM or 'Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material' used in the woofer, 1" EWB or 'Extended Wide Bandwidth' tweeter, MagnaGuard video shielding so the speaker may be placed near a tv or monitor, and SLP or 'Super Linear Plane' which is an almost totally flat surface mounting formation of the cabinet and speakers that eliminates acoustic refraction associated with uneven surfaces. Unlike the RS 230 which has single binding posts, the RS 260 has dual 5-way gold plated binding posts that permit bi-wiring and bi-amping and are compatible with bare wire, pins, spade connections and both single and dual banana plugs. Simply put, one pair of binding posts drives the woofer and the other pair drives the tweeter. Bi-amping means you can run either two amps or two separate signals to the speaker, thereby having a selectable frequency going to both the woofer and tweeter.
- 6-1/2-inch FCCM woofers
- 1-inch EWB tweeter
- Deep Channel Design (DCD) for more bass from less amplifier power
- MagnaGuard video shielding
- Elegant, scratch resistant high gloss black lacquer finish
- Magnetic grille minimizes acoustical interference for an improved soundstage
- Includes 3/8-16 insert for articulating brackets (not supplied)
- Dual gold plated five-way binding posts permit bi-wiring or bi-amping
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 10-200 watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 50Hz-26kHz
- Bass Unit: 6-1/2" (165mm) FCCM
- Crossover Frequency: 2000Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 12-5/8 x 7-7/8 x 9-11/16” (320 x 200 x 245mm)
- Sensitivity (1 watt (2.83v) at 1m): 89dB
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) Extended Wide Bandwidth
User Reviews (1)
Dual 5-way binding posts permit bi-amping and bi-wiring
You may also like...