Definitive Technology BPX
Released July, 2008
The Pros:5 year warranty. Rated for 10 to 350W of power - good for the vast majority of home theater systems. Produces sound down to 38Hz, which will give a generous amount of lower frequency detail and punch.
The Cons:Expensive. Not that attractive.
The Definitive Technology BPX model is an expensive mid-grade surround/satellite speaker that is part of the Definitive Tech Bipolar audio equipment series. This mid-grade speaker is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the unit is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The BPX is more particularly a compact, bipolar surround speaker meant to be used with related DT Bipolar series units. The BPX cabinet stands 17-1/2" tall; and is surrounded in a professional finish that is available in a glossy Piano-Black color. Each BPX speaker unit includes four cast-basket 5-1/4" bass/midrange drivers, and two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters.
Definitive Technology claims that the BPX speaker is an "extremely linear, low-distortion system which is timbre-matched to blend perfectly with all Definitive BP and Studio Monitor series speakers as well as other high-quality speaker systems" The BPX speaker includes additional features such as a keyhole mounting bracket for wall or ceiling mount support, BDSS driver technology support for high definition sound, one pair of 5 way binding post inputs, and a DT 5 year warranty. Definitive Technology sells the BPX speakers packaged in a pair; unlike many of the companies' alternate models which are sold individually.
- Mid-grade Bipolar surround speaker
- Professional glossy Piano-Black finish available
- Each unit includes four cast-basket 5-1/4" bass/midrange drivers, and two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters
- BDSS high definition driver technology
- Specially designed for use with Dolby Digital (AC3) audio support
- 6.1 and 7.1 channel surround available depending on connected receiver system
- 5 way binding post inputs (1 pair)
- Shelf, wall or ceiling mount support
- Includes DT 5 year warranty
- Dimensions: 10" (W) x 6-1/2" (D) x 17-1/2" (H)
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- A/V Receiver Crossover Setting: 60 Hz
- Recommended Associate Amp Power: 15-350 watts
- Weight: 21 lbs
User Reviews (2)
rated for 10 to 350W of power - good for the vast majority of home theater systems
produces sound down to 38Hz, which will give a generous amount of lower frequency detail and punch
can be placed on a shelf or mounted on a wall or ceiling
4 5-1/4" midrange drivers and 2 1" tweeters
You may also like...