Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000
Released April, 2005
The Pros:Output is clear and crisp, all the details very audible. Well built, solid, doesn't feel flimsy. High impedance allows for a clearer signal.
The Cons:Tone is biased to mid-range and bass, little support in the highs.
The Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 model is a mid-grade center speaker that is part of the Definitive Tech ProCenter audio equipment series. This mid-grade speaker is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the unit is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The ProCenter1000 is more specifically a center channel loudspeaker that can be matched with ProMonitor 800 or ProMonitor 1000 satellite speakers to form a complete set. The PC 1000 cabinet stands 5" tall and 14-3/4" wide; and is surrounded in a professional finish that is available in a Glossy-Black or Glossy-White color. Each PC 1000 speaker unit includes one 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter, two 4-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers, and two 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiators. Definitive Technology claims the PC 1000 "achieves incredible sound at an affordable price." They also claim that the PC 1000 "dishes out high impact sound effects with distortion-free dynamics but is also capable of great subtlety to excel equally with music or movies." The ProCenter 1000 speaker includes additional features such as stabilization leveler feet, one pair of 5 way binding post inputs, and a DT 5 year warranty for the drivers and cabinets.
- Mid-grade center channel loudspeaker
- Professional Glossy-Black, or Glossy-White finish available
- Each unit includes one 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter, two 4-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers, and two 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiators
- 5 way binding post inputs (1 pair)
- Stabilizer/Leveler feet to keep speaker unit grounded
- Includes DT 5 year warranty for the drivers and cabinets
- Dimensions: 14-3/4" (W) x 5" (D) x 5" (H)
- Frequency Response: 47 Hz - 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Recommended Associate Amp Power: 10-200 watts
- Weight: 6 lbs
User Reviews (1)
output is clear and crisp, all the details very audible
well built, solid, doesn't feel flimsy
high impedance allows for a clearer signal
able to output enough sound to fill almost any room in the home
good bass coverage for movies
construction allows the speaker to be tilted forward if on a shelf
tone is biased to mid-range and bass, little support in the highs
You may also like...