Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 System
Released April, 2008
The Pros:Speakers solidly built, have a reassuring weight to them. Attractive speaker design with smooth curves and clean lines, looks great on an end table. Good separation of sound between individual speakers, clear definition of direction.
The Cons:Setup is unusual, with wiring not following usual patterns - clearly documented but slightly confusing for experienced users.
The Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 System is a high-end home theater speaker set that is part of the Definitive Tech ProCinema audio equipment series. This high-end system is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the unit is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The ProCinema 600 set is more specifically a six piece, 5.1 channel home theater system complete with one ProCenter 600 speaker, one ProSub 600 subwoofer, and four ProMonitor 600 Satellite speakers. The cabinet of each PC 600 unit is surrounded in a professional finish that is available in a Glossy-Black or Glossy-White color.
Definitive Tech claims that "sonically, the ProCinema 600 System is a revelation in terms of achieving incredible sound at an affordable price." The Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 speaker system includes additional features such as shelf or wall mount support for the individual satellite speakers, clear high-definition sound emanating from the BDSS driver technology, a fully detachable rubber tipped tripod stand to keep each unit stable and grounded during playback, and a DT 5 year warranty on the drivers and speaker enclosures/ 3 year warranty on the subwoofer and amplifier.
- 6 Piece home theater surround sound system
- 5.1 channel high definition sound support
- BDSS driver technology
- Professional Glossy-Black, or Glossy-White finish available
- Shelf or wall mount support for satellite speakers
- Fully detachable rubber tipped tripod stand on each speaker unit (satellite)
- DT 5 year warranty for drivers and speaker enclosures/ 3 year warranty for subwoofer and amplifier
- Drivers: Two 3-1/4" BDSS bass/ midrange drivers coupled to two 3-1/4"bass radiators, and one 1" Pure Aluminum dome tweeter
- Dimensions: 4" (H) x 4-1/4" (D) x 10-1/2" (W)
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz – 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 89dB
ProMonitor 600 Satellites
- Drivers: One 3-1/4" bass/midrange driver coupled to one 3-1/4" pressure-driven planar mid/bass radiator, and one 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
- Dimensions: 7" (H) x 4-1/4" (D) x 4" (W)
- Frequency Response: 65 Hz – 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Drivers: One 8" woofer with polymer cone, and one 8" low bass radiator
- High Level Pass Filter: 6 dB/octave (80 Hz)
- Low Level Pass Filter (adjustable crossover): 24dB/ octave continuously variable (40 Hz – 150 Hz)
- Internal Amp Power: 250 watts
- Dimensions: 13" (H) x 13" (D) x 10-3/8" (W)
- Frequency Response: 22 Hz – 150 Hz
ProCinema 600 System
- Recommended Amplification: 10 – 150 watts/channel
- Frequency Response: 22 Hz – 30 kHz
User Reviews (5)
speakers solidly built, have a reassuring weight to them
attractive speaker design with smooth curves and clean lines, looks great on an end table
good separation of sound between individual speakers, clear definition of direction
Banana type plugs can be plugged in as normal or unscrewed for a direct wire feed in
mids and highs are clear and lifelike
bass is tight without too much boom, good sound definition
setup is unusual, with wiring not following usual patterns - clearly documented but slightly confusing for experienced users
You may also like...