Definitive Technology ProSub 1000
Released April, 2005
The Pros:Compact design, both narrow and short, can fit in a wider variety of spaces than most subs. Input can be hooked up in almost any way you want. Covers the audio spectrum seamlessly, no dead or problem sections.
The Cons:Volume knob is in an awkward place, most setups will make it very hard to reach. Feet stick out to the sides, widening the footprint unnecessarily.
The Definitive Technology ProSub 1000 model is a mid-grade sub-woofer that is part of the Definitive Tech ProSub audio equipment series. This mid placed sub is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the unit is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The ProSub 1000 is more particularly a compact, 300 watt sub-woofer meant to be used with other various related DT series units. The ProSub 1000 cabinet stands 14-7/16" tall; it is surrounded in a professional finish that is available in a matte black color. Each ProSub 1000 sub unit includes one high-definition 10" woofer pressure coupled to one 10" low bass radiator. Definitive Technology claims that the ProSub 1000 sub-woofer provides a "sonic result that is accurate, awe-inspiring, high-impact, high-reality bass performance with superior transient response, vanishingly low distortion, stupendous subsonic power and high output capabilities."
The ProSub 1000 sub-woofer includes additional features such as a front-side mounted volume control for added convenience, an auto on/off feature with signal sensing capabilities, high definition sound support, two pairs of 5 way binding post inputs and outputs (high level), one LFE input (SW preout only), and a DT 5 year warranty for the unit/ 3 year warranty for the internal amplifier.
- Mid-grade 300 watt Sub-woofer
- Professional matte black finish available
- Each unit includes one high-definition 10" woofer pressure coupled to one 10" low bass radiator
- High definition driver technology
- Auto on/off feature with signal sensing capabilities
- 5 way binding post inputs and outputs (2 pairs of each)
- Front-side mounted volume control
- Includes DT 5 year warranty for unit/ 3 year warranty for internal amplifier
- Dimensions: 12” (W) x 17-7/8” (D) x 14-7/16” (H)
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz – 150 Hz
- Internal Amplifier Power: 300 watts
- High Level High Pass Crossover: Non Variable 6 dB/octave @ 80 Hz
- Low Level Crossover: 24 dB/octave, continuously variable from 40 Hz – 150 Hz
- Power Requirements: 110 volts Alternating Current
- Fuse: 3.2 amp 250 volt Slo Blo (US)
- Weight: 31 lbs
User Reviews (1)
compact design, both narrow and short, can fit in a wider variety of spaces than most subs
input can be hooked up in almost any way you want
covers the audio spectrum seamlessly, no dead or problem sections
output is clear, no distortion or boom
crossover can be set to a number of points, flexibility works with your system instead of having to alter the system to work with the sub
high RMS power output, can fill a space without difficulty
volume knob is in an awkward place, most setups will make it very hard to reach
feet stick out to the sides, widening the footprint unnecessarily
You may also like...