Definitive Technology ProSub 60
Released April, 2005
The Pros:Provides enough support through the bass range for a fairly loud surround sound system. Price is much lower than what one would expect for a sub of this quality. Sound is tight and realistic, great detail.
The Cons:Not enough power to rattle the walls, won't really shake you.
The Definitive Technology ProSub 60 model is a low-end sub-woofer that is part of the Definitive Tech ProSub audio equipment series. This bottom end sub is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the unit is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The ProSub 60 is more particularly a compact, 150 watt sub-woofer meant to be used with other various related DT series units. The ProSub 60 cabinet stands 12-1/2" tall; it is surrounded in a professional finish that is available in a black ash color. Each ProSub 60 sub unit includes one high-definition 8" woofer. Definitive Technology claims that the ProSub 60 is a "modestly sized woofer that belts out deep and musical bass that belies its modest price." The ProSub 60 sub-woofer includes additional features such as an auto on/off feature with signal sensing capabilities, high definition sound support, two pairs of 5 way binding post inputs and outputs (high level), one LFE input (SW pre-out only), and a DT 5 year warranty for the drivers and cabinet/ 3 year warranty for the internal amplifier.
- Low-end 150 watt Sub-woofer
- Professional black ash finish available
- Each unit includes one high-definition 8" woofer
- High definition driver technology
- Auto on/off feature with signal sensing capabilities
- 5 way binding post inputs and outputs (2 pairs of each)
- One LFE input (SW pre-out only)
- Includes DT 5 year warranty for drivers and cabinet/ 3 year warranty for internal amplifier
- Dimensions: 9-1/2” (W) x 13-1/4” (D) x 12-1/2” (H)
- Frequency Response: 24 Hz – 150 Hz
- Internal Amplifier Power: 150 watts
- High Level High Pass Crossover: Non Variable 6 dB/octave @ 80 Hz
- Low Level Crossover: 24 dB/octave, continuously variable from 40 Hz – 150 Hz
- Power Requirements: 110 volts Alternating Current
- Fuse: 3.2 amp 250 volt Slo Blo (US)
- Weight: 21 lbs
User Reviews (1)
provides enough support through the bass range for a fairly loud surround sound system
price is much lower than what one would expect for a sub of this quality
sound is tight and realistic, great detail
connectivity is very easy, nicely designed binding posts
Auto-on saves a lot of power and works fairly consistently
small enough that it won't dominate the room
not enough power to rattle the walls, won't really shake you
You may also like...