Released March, 2007
The Pros:Amplifier built into the subwoofer. Quite powerful. Affordable.
The Cons:Looks like a cheap computer sound system that has been dressed up and given a larger price tag. Small satellite speakers with poor frequency response. Small, not very attractive.
The JBL CS480 is a complete 6-piece home cinema speaker package that sports four 100w satellite speakers, a 100w center speaker, and a powerful 125w subwoofer. Each speaker (satellites and center) includes a ½” extremely thin, yet extremely rigid titanium-laminate high-frequency dome tweeter reinforced with a foil laminate to ensure accurate, undistorted audio responses even at a loud volume.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Furthermore, the satellite speakers come equipped with one 3-1/2” video-shielded midrange driver. The center speaker, on the other hand, features dual midrange drivers for extra power and clarity. The CS480 also boasts a self-powered subwoofer with a powerful 8” bass-reflex low-frequency driver designed to produce quality beats that leave the room shaking. Designed to complement the “décor of any room”, the JBL CS480 features an attractive, contemporary design with a black high-gloss finish and an optional floor stand. The JBL CS480 is priced at $399.99, a $100 savings from its upgraded peer, the JBL CS6100 cinema speaker package.
- Satellite Recommended Power: 100w
- Satellite Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Satellite Sensitivity: 86dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Satellite Frequency Response: 110Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- Satellite High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Satellite Midrange Driver: 3-1/2" (75mm) Driver, video-shielded
- Satellite Dimensions(H x W x D): 6" x 6-3/8" x 3-7/8"
- Satellite Weight: 2.0 lb (0.9kg)
- Center Recommended Power: 100w
- Center Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Center Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Center Frequency Response: 100Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- Center High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Center Midrange Driver: Dual 3-1/2" (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
- Center Dimensions(H x W x D): 5-1/4" x 11-3/8" x 3-3/8"
- Center Weight: 3.2 lb (1.5kg)
- Subwoofer Amplifier Power (RMS): 125 Watts
- Subwoofer Frequency Response: 35Hz – 120Hz (–6dB)
- Subwoofer Low-Frequency Driver: 8" (200mm) Woofer, bass-reflex enclosure
- Subwoofer Dimensions(H x W x D): 16-1/4" x 12" x 13-5/8"
- Subwoofer Weight: 38 lb (17.3kg)
- System: Frequency Response 35Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- System Optional Accessories: CS Stand - Floor Stands For CS480 and CS6100CS400SAT - Pair pack of two matching satellites to expand to 7-channels
User Reviews (3)
amplifier built into the subwoofer
looks like a cheap computer sound system that has been dressed up and given a larger price tag
small satellite speakers with poor frequency response
small, not very attractive
You may also like...