Released March, 2007
The Pros:Affordable. Quite powerful. Amplifier built into the subwoofer.
The Cons:Small satellite speakers with poor frequency response. Small, not very attractive. Looks like a cheap computer sound system that has been dressed up and given a larger price tag.
The JBL CS6100 is a complete 6-piece home cinema speaker package that sports four 100w satellite speakers, a 100w center speaker, and a powerful 150w subwoofer. The CS6100 is essentially an upgrade from the weaker JBL CS480 system.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Unlike the CS480, each satellite in the CS6100 system contains dual 3-1/2” video shielded midrange drivers (versus one) in addition to a ½” extremely thin, yet extremely rigid titanium-laminate high-frequency dome tweeter reinforced with full laminate to ensure accurate, undistorted audio responses even at a loud volume. Furthermore, the CS6100’s satellites support a lower frequency response (100Hz-20kHz versus 110Hz-20kHz) and a greater sensitivity (88dB versus 86dB). The CS6100’s center speaker is practically equivalent to its satellites and also comes equipped with dual midranges and one ½” tweeter. As for the CS6100’s subwoofer speaker, it trumps the CS480’s woofer by offering an increased nominal power output (150w versus 125) and a superior frequency (30Hz-120Hz versus 35Hz-120Hz), not to mention a larger bass-reflex low-frequency driver (10” versus 8”). Designed to complement the “décor of any room”, the JBL CS6100 features an attractive, contemporary design with a black high-gloss finish and an optional floor stand. The JBL CS6100 is priced at $499.99, a $100 increase from its inferior peer, the JBL CS480 cinema speaker package.
- Satellite Recommended Power: 100w
- Satellite Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Satellite Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Satellite Frequency Response: 100Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- Satellite High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Satellite Midrange Driver: Dual 3-1/2" (75mm) Driver, video-shielded
- Satellite Dimensions(H x W x D): 11-3/8" x 5-1/8" x 3-3/8"
- Satellite Weight: 3.2 lb (0.9kg)
- Center Recommended Power: 100w
- Center Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Center Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Center Frequency Response: 100Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- Center High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Center Midrange Driver: Dual 3-1/2" (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
- Center Dimensions(H x W x D): 5-1/4" x 11-3/8" x 3-3/8"
- Center Weight: 3.2 lb (1.5kg)
- Subwoofer Amplifier Power (RMS): 150 Watts
- Subwoofer Frequency Response: 30Hz – 120Hz (–6dB)
- Subwoofer Low-Frequency Driver: 10" (200mm) Woofer, bass-reflex enclosure
- Subwoofer Dimensions(H x W x D): 18-1/2" x 12-3/4" x 15"
- Subwoofer Weight: 41 lb (17.3kg)
- System: Frequency Response 30Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- System Optional Accessories: CS Stand - Floor Stands For CS480 and CS6100CS400SAT - Pair pack of two matching satellites to expand to 7-channels
User Reviews (2)
amplifier built into the subwoofer
small satellite speakers with poor frequency response
small, not very attractive
looks like a cheap computer sound system that has been dressed up and given a larger price tag
You may also like...