Released October, 2008
The Pros:Sealed enclosure with two bass drivers. Uni-Q sealed midrange/tweeter combo.
The KEF HTC3001SE is a center channel satellite speaker that is available in high gloss matte silver or high gloss black finish and uses a sealed enclosure design. It can be purchased individually or as part of the KHT3005SE home theater system which also includes four satellites and a subwoofer.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A 3" bass driver is located on each side, with a 4.5" KEF Uni-Q midrange driver and tweeter in the middle. The midrange has the tweeter mounted in it's center, so both mid and high frequencies originate from the same spot, improving tonal balance across the listening area and off-axis stereo imaging. As well KEF have employed their SST or sealed suspension flexible membrane to seal the 1mm gap between mid and tweeter, without which there would be noise generated when played at high volumes due to air turbulence between the two as the mid pushes and pulls air in and out of the unit. Power wise it is capable of putting out 110dB or 100 watts, and is also magnetically shielded so you can place it on or near the TV without interference.
- Design: 2-way closed box
- Drive units: 115mm (4.5in.) Uni-Q array with 19mm (0.75in.) aluminium HF 2 x 75mm (3in.) LF
- Crossover Frequencies: 500Hz, 2.2kHz
- Sensitivity(2.83 V/1m): 90dB
- Frequency Response(+/-3dB): 65Hz - 55kHz
- Maximum Output: 110dB
- Input Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Internal Volume: 2.4 litres
- Power Handling: 100W
- Weight: 2.6kg (5.8lbs)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 130 x 300 x 185 mm (5.1 x 11.8 x 7.3 in.)
- High gloss black, matt silver
- Accessories Supplied: Wall bracket
User Reviews (1)
Sealed enclosure with two bass drivers
Uni-Q sealed midrange/tweeter combo
You may also like...