Released August, 2005
The Pros:ACE charcoal sound absorption in middle enclosure. Selecta-mount concealed mounting brackets.
The HTC6001 is a horizontal center channel satellite speaker made by British loudspeaker company KEF. Along with four satellites it is part of the KHT6000 home theater system, although it may also be purchased separately.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This 3-way 100W speaker and the nearly identical HTS6001 floor standing satellite feature KEF's Uni-Q midrange driver with aluminum tweeter. This has the tweeter mounted in the center of the driver so that both mid and high crossover frequencies originate from the same spot. Two 3" long-throw bass drivers are located on each side of the center channel, providing extended bass response and sound imaging. It should be noted that the Uni-Q center speaker is in it's own enclosure containing sound absorption material called ACE, which is a layer of porous charcoal that absorbs and releases air as the driver moves in and out, overcoming the associated problems with producing loud bass in a small enclosure. Selecta-mount brackets allow mounting the unit on a wall or shelf.
- Design: 3-way closed box, ACE in MF enclosure
- Drive units: 75mm (3in.) Uni-Q array with 15mm (0.6in.) aluminium HF 4 x 75mm (3in.) LF
- Crossover Frequencies: 800Hz, 3kHz
- Sensitivity(2.83 V/1m): 87dB
- Frequency Response(+/-3dB): 90Hz - 30kHz
- Maximum Output: 109dB
- Input Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Internal Volume: 2.9 litres
- Power Handling: 100W
- Weight: 3.9kg (8.6lbs)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 121 x 577 x 85 mm (4.8 x 22.7 x 3.4 in.)
- High gloss black, matt silver
- Accessories Supplied: Wall bracket
User Reviews (1)
ACE charcoal sound absorption in middle enclosure
Selecta-mount concealed mounting brackets
You may also like...