Released July, 2008
The Pros:Large 8" woofers. Powerful - 300w continuous, up to 1200w peak. Good frequency response - down to 40Hz.
The Cons:Very expensive. Zebra-grain only. Unattractive midrange/tweeter 'box'.
The Klipsch P-38F is the intermediate floorstanding loudspeaker in Klipsch's high-end luxery Palladium series. This series is designed to be as striking to the eye as it is to the ear. The most notable visual feature is the exotic zebra-grain linia wood veneer cabinet, which is available in natural, merlot or espresso, and uses government sanctioned controlled harvests.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The speaker two speaker grilles are attached magnetically so when they are removed, the look of the speaker is not dimished by posts or holes. Behind the upper speaker grill, there is a 0.75" tweeter and a 4.5" midrange, both of which are mated to a 90° x 60° Tractrix horn for an extended high frequency response. Behind the lower grill, there are three 8" hybrid cone woofers that are powered by a unique three-part neodymium magnet structure with dual stabilizing rings that reduce nonlinear flux. The four ports in the rear of the speaker enhance the superior bass response. These speakers are designed to produce a higher dB output with the same about of power input as average speakers, saving energy use by up to 75%. Unlike many other speakers in this range, the P-38F does not use off-the-shelf drivers; Klipsh has put years of engineering into their driver designs for optimal speaker performance. The Klipsch P-38F is sold as a pair for $12,000.
- Frequency response: 40Hz-24kHz +/-3dB
- Low frequency extension: 29Hz
- High frequency extension: 30kHz
- Power handling: 300W continuous / 1200W peak
- Recommended amplifier power: 50 - 750W
- Sensitivity: 98dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- Mid-frequency crossover: 550Hz
- High freq crossover: 3400Hz
- Maximum acoustic output: 122dB (2 speakers in-room)
- High frequency drivers: 0.75" (1.9cm) titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn
- Mid-frequency drivers: 4.5" (11.4cm) aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn
- Low frequency drivers: Three 8" (20.3cm) high-output, aluminum / Rohacell® / Kevlar® hybrid cone woofers
- Enclosure material: Constrained layer MDF (medium density fiberboard)
- Enclosure type: Bass-reflex via quad rear-firing ports
- Height: 50.25" (127.6cm)
- Width: 10.75" (27.3cm) (12.75" / 32.4cm at the base)
- Depth: 21.5" (54.6cm)
- Weight: 122 lbs (55.4kg)
- Finishes: Zebra-grain Linia veneer in a natural, merlot or espresso stain
User Reviews (2)
powerful - 300w continuous, up to 1200w peak
good frequency response - down to 40Hz
available in natural, merlot or espresso stain
ideal for larger rooms, loud, quality theater sound
unattractive midrange/tweeter 'box'
heavy and large - requires a big home theater to look in place
You may also like...