Released April, 2005
The Pros:10-150w of power handling. Attractive. Compact.
The Cons:Expensive - per speaker pricing. Styling is not for everyone. Frequency cuts off at 70Hz, fine for rear satellites but will not give you great bass extension or power.
The Mirage OS3-Sat is a bookshelf speaker offered by Mirage, and is one of the larger, and more advanced models available. The compact size, stylish design and magnetic shielding make this fit virtually anywhere in any room.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This versatile speaker can be used as main front speakers, a center channel or as a surround speaker. This used trickle-down omnipolar technology from the flagship OMD series to produce a massive 360º soundstage. Contained in the 8" high cabinet are a 4.5" polypropylene titanium deposit hybrid woofer with phase plug and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology, and a 1" pure titanium hybrid tweeter. The OS3-Sat is available in a high-gloss black or white finish with matching removable grill cloths, and can be table mounted, wall or ceiling mounted and can be mounted on the optional Omnisat stand, which is sold separately.
- System Type: Magnetically shielded Omnipolar satellite channel
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedence: 8 Ohms
- Power Handling: 150 Watts
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 to 150 Watts
- Impedance: 4 Ohms minimum
- Tweeter: 1-inch pure titanium hybrid
- Midrange: 4.5” polypropylene titanium deposit hybrid woofer with phase plug and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology
- Room Efficiency: 89 dB
- Crossover Point: 2,7kHz
- Inputs: High quality 5-way binding post
- Overall Dimensions HxWxD (in): 8.25 x 5.25 x 6.125
- Overall Dimensions HxWxD (cm): 20.9 x 14 x 15.6
- Weight: 4.8 lbs./ 2.2 kg
- Mounting Options: OmniMount Gemini1 floorstand (sold separately from OmniMount)
- Finishes: High gloss black, high gloss white
- Included Accessories: Versatile wall/ceiling mount bracket
User Reviews (2)
10-150w of power handling
omni-directional design for irregularly shaped room or setups - will not sound out of place
expensive - per speaker pricing
styling is not for everyone
frequency cuts off at 70Hz, fine for rear satellites but will not give you great bass extension or power
high gloss enclosure makes it look cheap
You may also like...