Released December, 2005
The Pros:Attactively clean look, smooth finish and a tidy looking grill. Take up very little floor space. Power output is enough to fill larger rooms in the home.
The Cons:Legs stick out in a way that isn't obvious unless you're looking down, can step on them by accident. Finish collects dust right away, need to wipe the sides down regularly.
The Yamaha NS-555 is a 3-way, bass reflex, and STANDALONE tower speaker not tied to any specific Yamaha series. Its bass-reflex design can be used for main channels and features dual 6-1/2” Polymer-Injected Mica Diaphragm (PMD) cone woofers, a 5” midrange cone driver, and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Both the midrange and tweeter utilize Yamaha’s exclusive waveguide horns, which ensure that sound waves reaching one’s ears are coming directly from the unit, rather than being reflected off the walls. Additional features of the Yamaha NS-555 include an internally-wired ‘Monster Cable’ that ensures a clear signal, magnetic shielding for protection from TV/Video-monitor signals, and a Bi-Wiring Capability—separate +/- terminals for the woofer(s) and other driver(s) reduces modulation in distortion.
The NS-555 is compatible with the NS-325, NS-525, and NS-700 series.
- 2-Way, Acoustic Suspension Bookshelf
- Dual PMD Cone Woofers
- Midrange Cone w/Horn
- Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/Horn
- Monster Cable
- Magnetic Shielding
- Bi-Wiring Terminals
- Speaker Stands (Included)
- Recommended Usage: Front Speakers
- Type: 3-Way Bass Reflex Design
- Woofers: Dual 6-1/2” PMD Cones
- Midrange Driver: 5” Cone w/Waveguide Horn
- Tweeter: 1” Aluminum Dome w/Waveguide Horn
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity: 88 dB/2.83 V/1 m
- Input Power (Maximum / Nominal): 250W / 100W
- Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Product Dimensions (W x H x D): 8-3/4" x 38-9/16" x 13-9/16"
- Product Weight (lbs. each): 44.1
User Reviews (1)
attactively clean look, smooth finish and a tidy looking grill
take up very little floor space
power output is enough to fill larger rooms in the home
good sound reproduction for both music and movies
easy to set up, good flexibility with wiring options
legs stick out in a way that isn't obvious unless you're looking down, can step on them by accident
finish collects dust right away, need to wipe the sides down regularly
You may also like...